Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Wild Rover

Wild Rover

I have been a wild rover for many a year
And I spent all me money on whiskey and beer,
But now I'm returning with gold and great store
And I ne'er shall be called Wild Rover no more;
(Chorus)
Wild Rover now give over, Wild Rover now give o'er
And I ne'er shall be called Wild Rover no more;
I went into an alehouse I used to frequent
And I told the landlady all me money was spent,
I asked her for credit, she answered me nay
Saying customers yours I can have any day
Chorus
I went into my pockets - pulled out sovereigns bright
And the landlady's eyes opened wide with delight,
She said -I have whiskey and wines of the best
And the words that I spoke were only in jest
Chorus
I'll go back to me parents - confess what I've done
And I'll ask them to pardon their prodigal son
And if they kiss me as oft times before,
Than I ne'er shall a go wild roving no more;
Chorus

No comments:

Post a Comment