Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Oh my Ladye ~ Joe Bethancourt

OH MY LADYE -Ioseph of Locksley copyright 1989 W. J. Bethancourt III (Tune: Lizzie Lindsay (Child #226) Will y'gang t'the Hielands, Oh, my Lady? Will y'gang t'the Hielands wi' me? Will y'gang t'the Hielands, oh my Lady? M'bride and m'bonnie t'be? I'll no gang to t'Hielands wi you, sir I dinna ken how that may be For I ken nae the Land that y'live in Nor dowry y'may give t'me Oh, m'lady it be y'ken little If y'dinna ken me For my name is the great Laird of Locksley A Chieftain of high degree For dowry, I give you the whole of the earth, and the sea and the sky and the Road along with me t'travel and the love of a Bard such as I She has kilted her coats of green satin She has kilted them up t'her knee and she's off w'the great Laird of Locksley His bride and his darlin' tae be! Will y'gang t'the Hielands, oh my Lady? Will y'gang t'the Hielands wi me? Will y'gang t'the Hielands, oh my Lady? My bride and my bonnie t'be?


I learned this as Will y'gang t'the Hielands *pronounced He Lands* Lizzie Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment