Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Song of the Three ~ Joe Bethancourt

SONG OF THE THREE copyright 1981 W. J. Bethancourt III C. A. Bethancourt III tune: the song of the Cowardly Lion, Tin Woodsman and Scarecrow in the movie version of the Wizard of Oz (Enter the Scarecrow, who singeth:) My wife is always nagging; my Prowess it is lagging I can't do anything she has got a reason, but revenge is out of season Oh I wish I could be King! If I just had the Crown on, I'd always have a frown on and the Barons on a string Heads they would be rolling, the Board would be cajoling Oh if only I was King! I am very fed up with the way this group is set up Oh I'd change everything! they are so high and mighty with the way that they do fight-ey Oh, someday I'll be King! Tho my wife is melancholic, and very...vitriolic she's a wasp without a sting! I'd have to supervise her with a pack of tranquilizers If I only was a King...... (the Tin Woodsman joineth him, and singeth:) I grew up kind of cocky, and rather big, and stocky and straight as any rod on the field I'm a battallion, with the Ladies I'm a stallion ...Oh they'd better make me God! The other boys are jealous they say I'm over-zealous they'd do better to applaud the things that I am giving to this Dream that we are living oh I wish they'd make me God! They say that I'm conceited, but I'm just badly treated by people and by BoD just think of what they're missing by My Majesty dismissing Oh they'd better make me God! (the Cowardly Lion creepeth forth, and singeth:) Oh I could be a fighter, a great and mighty smiter and be the perfect knight it's a great and nasty shame, and everyone's to blame oh I wish that I could fight! * more * Song of the Three (cont.) I could be a Cavalier drinking wine and ale and beer and be a gorgeous sight but it would cost me too much money so it isn't very funny oh I wish that I could fight! Let me at 'em on the field, I would surely make them yield to my Power and my Might with rattan, shinai and rapier they would nevermore escape here If they'd only let me fight (all doeth the Softe Shoe off, stage left)

No comments:

Post a Comment