Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Thirty Years ~ Ruthflaed DuNoir

Spoken:
C G
In the beginning, Diana the Listmaker,
Am Em
Decided to hold a party,
F C
And she did, and it was good,
G C
And so, we come to today...

Chorus:
And thirty years have come and gone,
And with them many friends,
Send round the bottle boys!
Until we meet again.

Chorus
(soft and romantic)
With Chivalry and Courtly love,
Give to me thy hand,
And dance with me forever love,
A lady and her man.

Chorus
(Dancelike with a drumlike quality)
With Madrigals and Dancing Drums,
Has it truly been so long?
Just fill my glass up to the top,
And I'll sing another song!

Chorus
(Vengeful)
There's politics and cliques me boys,
And a knife for every back!
And I hope that I should live so long,
Cuz I'll get that Bastard back.

Chorus
(Martial)
And we've felt the sound of the battle drums,
And wars of days gone past,
And cried the cheer on the tourney field,
When the victor stood at last.

Chorus
(Stately)
We've had kings and Queens and Noble Knights,
The Flower of Chivalry,
And by the light they shine, we'll search to find,
Our own nobility.


Chorus

For music see http://www.chivalry.com/blackbard/30years.html

No comments:

Post a Comment