Wednesday, May 28, 2014

One for the Leaving ~ Garraed Galbraith

One For the Leaving

And it's one for the leaving. Two, I must go.
Three for the wishing. Ah, what for you'll never know
and at five o'clock we hit the dock
we'll never more be seen
as we sail away by break of day
to serve our Northern Queen

Come gather round ye ladies, come listen to my song.
My story it's a simply tale, and it wont delay you long
On how to choose a Mistress, the true love of your life
If you list right well to the tale I tell it'll save you all some strife!

Chorus

I'd always been a rover, could never settle down
I had a lass in every port, a girl in every town
but when they tried to claim me, I had to tell them no
for the Northern Sea would beckon me, and off to her I'd go

Chorus

And then one day I saw her, that lass I'd call me own
although she loved another who beside her sat the thrown
I entered in her service, she sent me far away
so now I roam the Northern Sea, and to ya all I'd say:

Chorus

So when you find your Lady, make sure her love is free
and pray she loves no other man, or soon ya all may see,
that love it can be fickle, just like the ocean green,
my tale is done, now I must run, to serve my Northern Queen.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiYBQA869Gk

No comments:

Post a Comment