Friday, July 31, 2020

Walk in Shadow ~ Juliana la Bedele

Walk in Shadows


In the mountains south of hardwood

In the Shire I was raised

To the horns of hunting poachers

And the ocean white kissed waves

There I grew beside my true love

Playing in the forest bed

And I thought that when we grew

He would take my hand to Wed


my love he walks in shadows

Deeper in the forest free

And one day When he went walking

Met a lonely lennan sidhe


Hair a mass of golden sunlight

Eyes a dark and Emerald Sheen

Ruby lips over her Fang bite

Gowned in a pinning green

Slowly seeming over hours

My love returned and took two pen

And he wrote under her glamour

Words to charm the hearts of men


Chorus


How I weeped to see him happy

Eyes of glass and smile of rose

Always caught up in a story

Or sunk deep in musing throws

And I watched her stand beside him

Inspiration at a cost

Was it Fate or by her own whim

That she chose the man I lost.


Chorus


Now he's waning in the moonlight

Hands that quiver, heart that quake

he is wild  and feverbright eyed

And I watch my own heart break

They return into the woodland

And I follow where she tread

Till I came upon that deep glen

and my true love sleeping dead.


Chorus


No comments:

Post a Comment